Are you interested in living and working in Canada or Australia? Do you have a degree or post graduate diploma with several years of work experience? Do you have strong English or French Language skills?
You may be qualified for fast track immigration to Canada or Australia!
Here are 10 Mind-Boggling Facts About Canada and Australia (Readers Digest)
- Crude Bitumen: itss thick, it’s sticky and Canada has an estimated 176.8 billion recoverable barrels of it. That’s right, crude bitumen – a semi-solid source of petroleum – is available in abundance in Canada’s oil sands.
- National Parks Bigger Than Countries: Canada is so big that even the parks are bigger than countries
- Three million lakes: But did you know we also have more lake area than every other country in the world? It’s true. The Great White North has 563 lakes larger than 100 square kilometres.
- 10% of the worlds forest: Canada actually has 30 per cent of the world’s boreal forest and 10 per cent of the world’s total forest cover An incredible 396.9 million hectares of forest and other wooded land can be found across the country – about 68 per cent of Canada’s forests are coniferous. The best part of all? Most of Canada’s forest land is publicly owned.
- Australia has 20 million people. 150 million sheep.
- Chilling out with a coffee is an easy must-do in Perth – after all it has more cafés per capita than any other city in the world!
- The most famous Australian inventions include the ultrasound, Vegemite, the tank, football, the refrigerator AND the pre-paid postage.
- It may be sunnier Down Under than in the UK but the Australian Alps get more snow than Switzerland!
- Australians love other nationalities – almost a quarter of their residents were born abroad!
- Bcause Melbourne and Sydney could not agree on which city should be the capital of Australia, it was decided that neither of them should be, and so a new capital called Canberra would be built in the middle.