Family Safety and Security Alerts this season
How to be safe from kidnapping as the trend is on the rise. Please note, It’s good to always have a sense of security and safety as a family. Safety and security should be part of your lifestyle as family.
Here are some tips every family member should observe always:
- Never use car stickers that shows where you work, especially if you have a prestigious job.
- Avoid making your financial status public, don’t be the one that jumps to make donations at public events even in your church. You can make your donations privately or anonymously.
- When you attend parties, don’t let the band get you so high that you start spraying money like no man’s business, use an envelope.
- Don’t be the one that tries to empty the ATM machine by making large withdrawals …You don’t need 50k in your wallet to feel like a man.
- Always delete your bank transaction notifications, especially SMS…you really can memorize your bank balance….Shred your POS/ATM receipts.
- Don’t go jogging while it’s dark or early in the morning, you really should be smarter than that. If you can, get someone trusted as company.
- Always lock your doors, even if you’re only going out to switch off your generator.
- NEVER EVER, NEVER EVER WEAR YOUR ID outside your work place. No one needs to know you work with an oil company.
- Be accountable to your spouse or parents, let someone know where you are at every point, don’t branch to Oworo when you should be in Ikeja without informing anyone.
- As much as you can avoid it, don’t send kids on errand outside your house, they are soft targets.
- Don’t try to form richest dude in the neigbourhood by making large donations in your estate meetings, learn to be modest.
- When you give, give with modesty and privately, learn to say “I can’t spare that amount now”. Stop doing Baba Olowo for the boys.
- Be careful when talking on the phone or with people especially those around including your domestic staff, driver, gateman.
- Make safety the number one factor in your decision making this holiday season, God will keep and protect us as we also apply discretion.