Simple things the family can do on a Sunday afternoon
Sunday is a great day to spend time with your family and friends.
Use this list to get things started:
- Visit family or friends, or invite someone over who might need a friend. Invite the missionaries to spend time with your family.
- Visit an elderly person and have them tell you (and your family) about their past. Look at their photos.
- Record your feelings and experiences in your diary or journal. For young children, have them tell you what they want to write, then let them draw pictures next to the text.
- Have a family talent show. Have everyone perform for each other.
- Let each family member tell their favourite story from the scriptures.
- Create a family letter. Email it to extended family members.
- Create a “gratitude” list. Give each family a pen and pencil and write 10 things you are grateful for. When everyone finishes, read the items on the list aloud to everyone.
- Rekindle old memories. Look through old family photos or scrapbooks.
- Read the scriptures. Take turns reading from the scriptures out loud.
- Memorize favourite scriptures, poems, or inspirational passages. Take turns reciting what you memorized when you finish.
Keeping the Sabbath day holy is a teaching all of us should seriously consider and incorporate. But keeping the Sabbath day holy shouldn’t be an uneventful experience. And it isn’t only about going to Church. It is about building a relationship with God and those closest to you—family and friends.