What to pack for your baby for daycare/crèche
As the holidays are finally drawing to a close, most parents are getting ready for resumption. If you have a baby and you’re about to enroll him/her into a daycare service, read on to find out the items we compiled that you’ll pack.
There may be quite a few things your child will need to take with him to his crèche.
First of all, check with your toddler’s daycare what will be provided. Then make a list of everything you will need to supply. Depending on what will be provided by the creche, and your child’s age, he may need the following:
- Sippers and/or feeding bottles
- Snack and/or meal, as required
- Juices and milk, if required
- Feeding equipment such as plate, bowl and cutlery that your toddler is accustomed to
- Diapers and wipes
- Four to five underwear (if your toddler is potty-trained)
- Four bibs, hats or head warmer, body cream/lotion and baby oil.
- Four cotton face towels
- One large bath towels for drying up (if he plays in water or the splash pool)
- Two sets of season appropriate clothing labelled with your toddler’s name(since we’re in the rainy season, clothes that’ll cover their chest is better)
- Bed sheet and blanket (depending on the season and temperature inside the crèche)
- Your toddler’s favourite comfort toy
- Re-useable plastic bags for dirty clothes and linen
- Index card with important contact numbers( You and your husband’s phone numbers written in more than one place, especially on the bag and emergency medicines, such as paracetamol with instructions to give medicine only after first checking with you).
It’s better to pack too much that to pack too little. Read information on
your child’s daycare centre, to make sure you don’t forget anything.