Preparing to become a wife: Tips for single women
Are you engaged to be married soon? Do you have the desire to be someone’s wife? If your answer is affirmative, then you’re in the right place. Although there’s no hard and fast rule into how exactly to become a good wife, but there are basic things you should know.
- Develop an intimate relationship with God. You cannot enter into a successful covenant with a husband if you don’t first have one with God. Seek biblical wisdom, study the word, develop a life of prayer and be dedicated to living for God.
- Master the art of fidelity and trust. No man wants a woman that cannot be faithful nor one that turns her neck at every fine man that she sees. Learn to 100% committed prior to a serious courtship. If you promise to do something, be sure to do it!
- Develop the ability to take care of a home. Ladies, in order to be a great partner in marriage, we must bring the ability to emotionally and physically take care of the house. Learn to set a atmosphere of peace and love. Avoid quarrels when possible. Practice gentleness with others that cross your path.
- Learn how to cook! My mother once told me that a woman that cannot cook is not cute! We know that men like to eat. Let’s be serious here. We all need to eat to live. Eating out all of the time can become expensive and who doesn’t love a home-cooked meal from time to time. Try one new meal a week and you will quickly improve your cooking skills.
5. Make smart financial decisions. If you desire to marry a man that provides and makes the best decisions for his family, you need to do the same. Work on your budget and be sure to have an emergency fund that covers 3-6 months on expenses along with retirement savings.
- Be complete as one. Be comfortable with not having a man in this season. Learn to be happy on your own. Find joy in those things that make you happy. Love what you have and don’t covet what others have. Spend time in your singleness doing the things that you love to do.
- Learn the art of compromise. Marriage will be about give and take. While you are single, learn that you don’t always have to be right and accept that most things will not always happen your way. The earlier we learn to compromise, the better off we will be in marriage.
- Be committed to pursuing your dreams and supporting others. It is important to have your own goals and motivations prior to becoming one with your future husbands. .
- Know what submission is and be ready to walk in it. Many people shy way from this discussion. Submission is not equivalent to obedience. Submission is yielding in love. Practicing submission now will be the driving force to it being second nature to you once you become a wife.
- Be holy and feminine in your conduct. Always carry yourself as a classy woman who walks with confidence. Men want a woman they are proud to take home to their families. They want a woman with high self-esteem, one who walks gracefully, respects herself and others around her.
Marriage is a sacred bond between God, man and woman. This is a great starting list to help single women prepare. Whether you are single or married, share with us any other advice that can help women (and men too) prepare for a successful and lifelong marriage.